You Can Only Live For So Long: A Tribute

On Thursday, June 25, 2009, you and I woke up, just like any other day.

Reluctantly rose out of bed, groggily meandered to the bathroom, brushed our pearly whites, slumped back into bed, grappling for a few more hours' sleep, which, naturally, lasted all of a few minutes... But most importantly, we unknowingly cherished yet another day of life.

Others, however, were not as fortunate as you and me.

As I'm sure most of you have been made aware, maybe not by choice, by the constant stream of media throughout the day, the world has lost two fabulously talented stars: Charlie's Angel and sex icon of the 1970s, Farrah Fawcett and the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. These two people have touched the lives of many and captivated the masses.

Known for her stunning good looks, feathered hair and incomparable zest for life, Farrah Fawcett, after being diagnosed three years ago with cancer, regrettably lost the fight at age 62.
Michael Jackson was a man of unparalled dance moves, a dominant figure in pop culture and an incredibly accomplished entertainer who grievously and unexpectedly suffered from a fatal heart attack at the age of 50, leaving behind an unbelievable legacy.
Though I cannot say that I was either of the superstars' biggest fan, I felt I had to write something. I'm not even sure I know what exactly to write, but hearing about these two deaths today hit something inside of me.

It may be entirely cliché to say that I have been encouraged to appreciate that life is a privilege, not a gift and we must embrace each given day, but it could not be more true. You never know... The following day could be your turn to leave your legacy behind.

Today is yours! What will you make of it?

0 comments: