Another Movie Review

After our delicious oyster dinner at Big Daddy's Crab Shack & Oyster Bar last night, I went to watch a new movie that has just come out: Away We Go.

Away We Go is about a couple, Burt (John Krasinski) and Verona (Maya Rudolph), who are a few months shy of having a baby, yet still haven't found a place to call home yet. The entire movie is spent watching the couple go from city to city (even with a stop in Montreal.. Canada, represent!), visiting friends and seeing if they could see themselves living and raising a family in each particular city.

The acting in Away We Go is great. Each actor plays their quirky, original part well and manages to make the characters seem realistic. That being said, I can't say the same about the script and story line. The concept is interesting, but unfortunately, the story is drawn out for so long and makes for an incredibly boring movie. In fact, I was more or less bored to tears. There were a few funny moments (emphasis on few), but all in all, I was thoroughly unimpressed.

I even considered asking my friend if he wanted to leave at the halfway point, but decided to stick it out.

Overall, I highly do not recommend this movie unless you feel as if you just have to see it. You are not missing out on anything!

0 comments: