I Hope They Left A Bit Of Wisdom....

Today was the day I had been dreading for just about two weeks: the removal of my wisdom teeth! I have to say, it was one of the strangest experiences I have had to date.

It started off by the dentist seating me in a room with crazy machinery and tools all around my chair. Then came the worst part of my waking ordeal: the needle that determined my fate for the two hours that proceeded. As you may or may not know, my biggest fear in life is needles. I absolutely cannot stand them, no matter how big or small they are.

But this was one crazy needle!

The anesthesiologist injected some sort of drug into me that made my face incredibly heavy and forced my eyes to shut and my mouth to close. It was so strange because I could hear everything that was going on around me, all the conversations and tools and footsteps, I just couldn't seem to open my mouth. Then the anesthesiologist injected something else through the IV and I tasted the distinct taste of medicine in the back of my throat. My dentist told me to count down from 99.

99..98..97..out like a light.

I woke up what seemed like five minutes, but was in fact two hours later and I was totally disoriented. I felt really dizzy, kinda nauseous and to top it all off, I could not feel my entire mouth - cheeks, chin and tongue included. When I was handed a cup of water, I totally missed my mouth and dribbled water all over myself!! Not to mention the fact that I could not even speak properly (which is still sort of the case). Talk about frustration!!

After Hamir picked me up and a long, uncomfortable ride home from the dentist, I am now sitting in my living room, catching up on TV shows and in an extreme amount of pain and discomfort.

Here is what I look like on day 1 (my cheeks have not fully swelled at all yet, be prepared for the next post!):

The above photo one was taken approximately three hours ago. (Yes, I took these on my Blackberry - can't seem to set time aside to buy a camera charger!) And two hours later....

Hahaha I look so terrible but this is just to show how swollen I am getting! And my mouth is sort of deformed because it is still very much frozen on my left side.

This is Hamir lounging in my living room with me and making fun of my cheeks that are getting progressively fatter!

I'm going to pop some painkillers now and go to sleep, I am in terrible pain.

Love from chipmunk hell,

0 comments: