Marinella

I realize it has been over a week now since my last posting - my most sincere apologies!

Last Friday, I went for a tasty dinner with a friend in Toronto's 'Little Italy' on College at Marinella @ 640 College Street.

After popping into several Italian restaurants along College and peering at menus, looking for something that stood out, we finally stumbled upon this charming restaurant. Drawn by its good looks, seemingly delicious menu and a tag line that assured simply Italian, we patiently sat at the bar, waiting for a seat on the packed patio.
To start, we shared the Antipasto Calabrese, which consisted of an array of homemade prosciuttino and soppressata, parmiggiano reggiano and crotonese cheeses served along with homemade crusty bread and olives in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Needless to say, this appetizer was absolutely mouthwatering.
For the main dish, my friend had the Pappardelle Giovanni - homemade sausage, miniature homemade meatballs and a hearty tomato sauce topped with reggiano cheese, and served on a fresh bed of pasta.
I had the Calabrese pizza - homemade soppressata, roasted peppers, black olives and chili peppers (I had it without the roasted peppers). Truly a delightful pizza.
Party Size: 2
Price Range: $40-50/person
Visit Again?:
Yes
Food: 5/5
Service: 2/5
Atmosphere: 4/5
OVERALL:
4/5

0 comments: