Apple Smiles

So, I was busy watching Run's House on MTV, when I realized that my stomach was rumbling for a quick & easy snack (as per usual)! I thought for a while about what I could make with the few ingredients I have in the kitchen, when a light bulb went off.

When I was younger, my friends and I would love to snack on Apple Smiles. All you need are red apples, peanut butter and mini marshmallows! Sounds gross, I know, but they are absolutely delicious! You could even substitute the marshmallows for raisins (known as Ants on a Log).

The steps for preparing this delicious, childhood snack are totally simple:

  • Cut the red apples into wedges, approximately half an inch thick.
  • On one wedge, spread the peanut butter. How much peanut butter you use only depends on how much you love it!
  • Take the mini marshmallows and line them up along the peanut butter
  • Take another apple wedge, spread peanut butter on it and place on top of the marshmallows (which will be sticking to the peanut butter)
The final stack should be apple wedge, peanut butter, mini marshmallows, peanut butter, apple wedge.

Enjoy!!
Recipe and picture courtesy of Recipezaar.

StheF

0 comments: