Oh..Hi!

Well it seems it's been a while since my last post. I kept telling myself that I would get back onto the blogging train and organize my life, but I only did the ladder. I think it's time to start writing again, seeing as it's summer and it has been a year since I began this thing.

So what has transpired in the life of Sadie, you may ask? Well, I have completed my first year in the Humber College Public Relations program, which was an absolute blast. I have met some incredible people, learned a ton, and had many amazing experiences.. And it's only the beginning!

I picked up a summer job (although it's sadly only part-time) as a court steward at a tennis club in Toronto. Sounds glamourous (haha), I know! I change the balls every two hours, clean the clubhouse (that includes toilets!), answer the phone, sweep the patio, make coffee, make juice, and chat with members. The best part is I get to be outside for at least six hours, so it's a lot better than a desk job!

The most exciting news right now, is I just returned from an incredible, life changing, trip of a lifetime to the land of milk and honey - ISRAEL! Because I am Jewish, I had the privilege of taking what is called a Birthright trip to Israel. That means an all-expense paid trip to learn more about my religion, the only Jewish state in the world, the conflict that is sadly taking place in that part of the world, and meet some outstanding people.


I've gotta say, if you're Jewish, and between the ages of 18 and 26, you HAVE to do this trip. It's honestly one of the best opportunities to travel for free, see some amazing sites, and make some life-long friends. I traveled all over the country, south to north, slept in bedouin tents in the desert, rode camels, swam in the dead sea, hiked up Masada, toured Yad Vashem (Holocaust memorial), saw Mt. Hertzl (IDF soldier cemetary), and so much more. Not to mention - the FOOD is TO DIE FOR!
The above picture is THE best falafel I've ever had in my life. I had it in the Old City of Jerusalem in the Jewish quarter.
This is how we ate in the bedouin tents in the desert. It was four to a table, and we all sat on mats on the floor. Inside the silver pan, there was what sort of resembled naan bread, with rice and meat. On the side, there were fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and green peppers, cabbage cole slaw, and tahina sauce. We used the bread to eat and dip in the sauce. It was absolutely delish!

In the mystical city of Tzvat, we ate these yummy sandwiches prepared in front of us by a Yemanite man. It was almost like a crepe, but a little thicker. He poured what looked like pancake mix into a pan, then added feta cheese, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, and some spices. After it was ready, he would flip it out of the pan onto a wooden surface, then fold it over as a sandwich. My mouth is watering just thinking of it!

All in all, the trip was incredible! I can't wait to return to Israel.. Hopefully sooner than later!


Anyway, I hope this is the beginning of my return to the blogging world.
Catch ya later,

StheF

0 comments: