Hot Damn, Summer in the City.

When summer rolls in, the city buzzes with excitement, and last Thursday was no exception.

I took a stroll (and by stroll, I mean car ride) down to Kensington Market with a friend to fix his bike. He had left it in Kingston, and it was stripped down to the frame. They took everything from the back tire to the pedals. He found a tiny, little nook in the back of an alley beside Segovia called Parts Unknown, where he could find used bicycle parts for cheap, and build up his bike.

As he was rummaging through old bicycle parts, I walked through the streets of Kensington Market to kill some time. I've got to say - people-watching in this part of the city is pretty amazing. The most eclectic crowd can be found milling about the streets. People from all walks of life are popping in and out of shops, restaurants and cafes, perched on steps, wandering the one-way streets that make up the market. Hand-in-hand, laughing, smoking, chatting, drinking - you name it!

I think my favourite part of people-watching is catching the tail-end of people's conversations. For example:
"...and then he fell in a ditch!"
Or,
"..she said her nipple turned purple and..."

The weather this weekend has been incredible. Gorgeous, sunny days, parties, patios, friends, family.. I love the summer! And it only gets better from here.

I have to sign off now, as I must get ready for work! Yes, that's right. I'm working on Holiday Monday.. But I get those holiday dollars $$$$, which are significantly higher than my regular hourly pay! :) Super happy about raking in the mula!

Hope you all had a fabulous, sunny, patio-filled, hopefully cottage-filled long weekend! I would love to hear about it, so comment away with the fun things you got up to!

Tata for now,

StheF

0 comments: